Melbourne Electric Bicycles has a full service workshop in our store, our experienced mechanics have a wealth of knowledge in both traditional and electric bikes. (Bookings are essential).
There is generally no specific maintenance required for the electrical component of our bikes, except for keeping them clean and their batteries correctly charged. Regular maintenance is required on the mechanical components of our bikes, but this is no more so than a non-electric bike.
All e-bikes sold by us come with a free first service 3 months after date of purchase, which includes:
- Safety check
- Straighten derailleur hanger and tune gears
- Adjust/tighten brakes
- Wipe down and lubricate chain
- Check tightness of all bolts and screws
- Wipe down bike
- Pump tyres to correct pressure
We are regularly asked how often does an electric bike need servicing and as a general rule if it is used every day for commuting, etc then perhaps at 3 – 6 month intervals, otherwise, once a year should be more than enough.
Bike Drop-off Procedures
- All bikes must be booked in by telephone prior to repair or service
- Please remove all bags, panniers and helmets and take with you
- Please do not bring bikes into store without a booking
Scooter Repairs and Service
- We only service and repair scooters that have been sold by Melbourne Electric Bicycles or Perth Electric Bike Centre
- As of 1st October 2023 Melbourne Electric Bicycles will be discontinuing all scooter servicing and repairs