Experts agree that no matter how old you are, staying active is vital for short and long-term health. It’s also true, however, that as we get older exercise, particularly traditional weight-bearing exercise such as walking and running, can be difficult. You may be hampered by an old injury or arthritis, or simply struggle with the aches and pains that most of us feel as we get older.
The solution won’t be found in your lounge chair; it can be found in an electric bicycle.
6 reasons why the young at heart should consider an electric bike
- Cycling is a great form of exercise. It gets you out in the fresh air, is non-weight-bearing, and can be enjoyed with friends and family. Headwinds and hills can make traditional cycling arduous and painful for even young, fit people. An electric bike is a terrific alternative because you have total control over how much power assistance you receive.
- Gentle pedalling will be the perfect medicine for your not-so-young joints and muscles. An electric bike, and the power control it provides, ensures you can pedal gently always, even when faced with a hill or headwind.
- An electric bike is very easy to use. If you’ve ever ridden a regular bicycle, you can ride an electric bicycle!
- You don’t need to be particularly mobile to ride an electric bicycle. A large percentage of the bikes in the range at Melbourne Electric Bicycles are “step-through” style, which means you don’t need to climb over a cumbersome top bar or seat.
- Electric bikes are low-maintenance. All our electric bicycles are fitted with high quality tyres, meaning you are practically guaranteed that annoying punctures are a thing of the past.
- Fit your electric bike with a basket or pannier bag (also available at Melbourne Electric Bicycles) and you have the perfect transport to and from the shops. You certainly won’t need to worry about carrying a little extra weight on the return home – just dial up the power!