Rising costs are putting ever-increasing financial pressures on many individuals and families.
The good news is there is one thing you can do to help reduce the financial burden. Simply ditch one of the family cars or throw away your Myki card and you’ll have recouped the purchase price of an electric bike in a matter of months. You may have even saved enough money to enjoy a family holiday!
5 reasons why an electric bike can save you heaps of money
- The RACV puts the cost of owning and operating even the most economical new small car at more than $100 a week; the most efficient SUV will cost you over $300 a week! Ditch the car and purchase an electric bike and you’ll recoup the cost in a few months. Now imagine what you’ll be able to do with the savings?
- Even if you choose public transport, you’ll still be out of pocket by between $1000 and $3000 a year if you use the train, tram or bus most days. Quality electric bikes at Melbourne Electric Bicycles will give you many years of cycling enjoyment, starting from as little as $1595. You don’t need to be a mathematical genius to work out which makes more sense!
- Recharging an electric bicycle costs only a few cents a day. Over the course of an entire year, it will cost you less to recharge your electric bike than it will to put fuel in your car’s tank or ride on public transport for one week.
- A quality electric bike is extremely reliable and easy to maintain. As with any bike, there are minor maintenance tasks involved but there is nothing that most people can’t manage.
- An electric bike isn’t just a smart financial choice, it’s a great choice for our environment. Every trip you do on an electric bike rather than taking the car helps reduce pollution and your use of non-renewable resources.